Monday, October 19, 2009

Tofu Veggie Lasagna -adapted from the Azumaya wrapper

This is my new favorite I started making about a month ago. I love it! Even my non-veggie, non-tofu eating friends have loved it!

1 pkg AZUMAYA large square wrappers (or any other brand)

10 oz spinach

2 T oil

1 med onion, chopped

1/2 lb mushrooms, chopped

1 yellow squash, chopped

1 small zucchini, chopped

1 clove garlic

1/2 lb firm tofu, drained and mashed

2 T parsley, chopped or 2 tsp dried

1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

3 cups spaghetti sauce

1/4 c veggie mozzarella or monterey jack cheese, grated

Lightly steam spinach (I keep it steamed and chopped and frozen in ice cube trays in my freezer for such times as this when I need it), set aside. Sautee onion, mushrooms, garlic, yellow and zucchini squash; set aside. In a bowl mix together tofu, parley, salt and pepper. Mix in veggies. Oil a 8 by 11 baking dish and place a layer of uncooked wrappers on the bottom. build layers or veggie mixture, then spaghetti sauce then spinach, then cheese. (The final layer should be sauce and cheese) Cover with aluminum foil, bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40 mins. Remove cover and cook another 10 mins.

No comments: