Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Ginger Teriyaki Veggie Cakes by Me

Ingredients:
brown rice, cooked (about 3 cups)
carrots, diced and partially cooked

edamame (soybeans) (i got them shelled, frozen), partially cooked

red pepper, diced

bok choy, diced

water chestnuts, diced

a small onion, diced

pineapple, diced

a little bit of ginger, grated (or you could use dried)

teriyaki (I used a Kikkoman teriyaki glaze)

egg replacer (1 T ground flax seed + 3 T water)
Put your diced ingredients (except for the pineapple) in a skillet and sautee till everything is soft. I had to microwave my frozen soybeans and carrots (maybe I will just grate the carrots next time so they don't need pre-cooked) Stir into rice. Stir in egg replacer, pineapple, teriyaki and ginger. Form into patties and cook in the skillet 3 mins on each side with the lid on. I formed patties and put them in the freezer for whenever I need something quick to eat! I just take them out frozen and put them on the hot skillet. serve with a little soy sauce on top.



No comments: