Sunday, August 8, 2010

"Grown Up" Tomato Soup

I got this recipe from food network.




Ingredients:
4 or 5 Tomatoes (they said Roma but I just used what I had)
1 Red pepper
1 Clove garlic
1 Onion
Fresh thyme (I didn't have any so I had to use dried)
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt
Balsamic vinegar
Tomato paste, 1 can
Vegetable stock, 1 can
Quarter tomatoes, red pepper, onion, and peel garlic. Put on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with salt (if you want) and roast at 400 degrees for 40 minutes. Blend in a blender and put in a saucepan with tomato paste and vegetable stock to desired consistency.

* I roasted some white asparagus with my veggies and served it on the side. I've always avoided it because it seemed strange and unnatural, being white not green. But it was so good! I highly recommend eating it this way, roasted with a little oil on it.

No comments: