Friday, November 13, 2009

Green Drink by Jess


I make this drink at least daily. It makes me feel so good and I know people that attribute their good health to drinking green drink. Everyone in my family is obsessed with this drink too. I put it in the fridge for my husband to take to work in the morning and my son (who rarely touches a vegetable willingly) drinks almost as much as I do when we make it together. He's always asking for "green juice."

Juice:
1 or 2 cut up apples
1/2 to 1 cup pineapple
a few handfulls of any greens (spinach is what I normally do but you can do anything green)
1 or 2 cups water (depends how strong you want it)

(sometimes I also add wheat germ and ground flax seed)

I don't have a juicer so I blend my greens and fruit and then strain it through a strainer with really small holes (i bought a metal mesh I don't have a juicer so I blend my greens and fruit and then strain it through a strainer with really small holes (i bought a metal mesh Kitchenaid one at Target)

No comments: