Monday, September 7, 2009

Grilled Vegetable Sanwich on Grilled Sourdough by Jess



We LOVED this sandwich. It was an awesome treat on crusty thick sourdough bread slices.
My friend made up this sandwich which I hastily made without some of her ingredients yesterday. I just pan grilled some zucchini, yellow squash and yellow pepper. I broiled sourdough drizzled with italian dressing. I assembled it with good mustard and fresh basil and spinich. It was still really great but I'd love to try her way.

Any or all of these veggies:
Eggplant
Mushrooms
Any color pepper
Red onion
Zucchini
Yellow squash
Vinaigrette
Mustard
Fresh spinich and basil
1 jar bruschetta
1 jar roasted red pepper

Pour vinaigrette on veggies and grill. Grill sourdough slices. Assemble with burschetta, roasted red pepper, and spinich and basil. Hold together with a toothpick. (Pictured is some hearty wheat rolls I used one day that I couldn't find sourdough.)

No comments: