Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Cashew Cream

I found this recipe here.   Use anywhere you would normally use cream/ sour cream to cook.  I just made a creamy casserole that called for sour cream and used this instead.

They say to use raw cashews, but it works fine with regular cashews.

Servings: Makes about 2 1/4 cups thick cream or 3 1/2 cups regular cream
Ingredients: 2 cups whole raw cashews, rinsed very well under cold water

Directions
Put the cashews in a bowl and add cold water to cover them. Cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight.

Drain the cashews and rinse under cold water. Place in a blender or a food processor with enough fresh cold water to cover them by 1 inch. Blend on high for several minutes until very smooth.

I used my NEW ninja food processor for this recipe, so I can't say how it'll work with something less quality.  I am testament, though, that you don't need expensive equipment to cook healthy recipes.  You can make a green smoothie in any blender.  I've made in every other recipe on this blog with this tiny, piece of junk $6 food processor.  You don't need expensive stuff to make whole food recipes.  But I am glad that my friends convinced me to go shopping in the middle of the night on black friday and I snagged this thing for a fraction of the price.




No comments: