Thursday, June 24, 2010

Greek Dip



This dip is so good and a little better for my kids to dip their veggies in than ranch dressing. This recipes is from the "Deceptively Delicious" cookbook.

1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 cup artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
2 T lemon juice
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. onion powder

Food process or blend chickpeas and artichoke hearts. Add other ingredients and blend well.

*I'm not really into eating "vegan" labelled food like this vegan mayo. The point of eating this way is to eat real food, not packaged fake food. But since I use mayo so rarely and only a little at a time, I bought this vegan mayo at the health food store rather than making my own.

No comments: