Thursday, November 19, 2009

Healthy Tortilla Chips from greenereating.com




How and why have I not been baking my own chips all along? It's so easy!

Ingredients:
-corn tortillas (with zero fat) (I used white corn) or whole wheat tortillas
-salt (optional)
-canola oil cooking spray (optional)


Preheat oven to 375.

Cut tortillas into wedges. (about 6 to 7 tortillas will fit on a baking sheet. I stack them up and then cut into 8 wedges)

Coat baking sheet with cooking spray; place tortilla wedges on sheet in single layer. I alternate my triangles and put them pretty close together (but not overlapping) so I can fit more on.


Spray tortillas with canola cooking spray (optional)


Cook about 13 minutes. I cooked them till a few of them started getting brown. The rest crisp up when they cool.


Sprinkle salt, seasoning salt, or taco seasoning. (optional)



Visit http://www.greenereating.com/search/label/Mexican for pictures.

No comments: