Monday, September 21, 2009

Chocolate Pudding by "Deceptively Delicious"

No, my kids are not strictly vegan. (I just gave them traditional Mac N' Cheese the other day because there was still some left in my cupboard.) I am not about to make that choice for them and I'm not into being too strict on issues that I don't need to be strict on. (I don't like them eating candy, but I still let them go trick or treating once a year. I don't like them drinking sugar water but I'm not going to say no when a friend gives my kids a Capri Sun.) I believe in moderation. I don't want to make food an issue, especially when people, girls especially, can have major issues with food even without the pressure of a parent. I have chosen a whole foods diet and I will provide that for my family as best I can. It's about eating food that's good for you- not about what you can't eat!

Here is a fun recipe that provides good fat for kids' brains!


Chocolate Pudding

1/4 c margarine spread (Eating a whole foods diet is about NOT eating fake stuff so I don't like the idea of fake butter just because it is labeled "vegan." I have found a great one though, called Smart Balance Organic. It is vegan and is made of soybean, canola, and olive oils that improve cholesterol)

1 c avocado puree

1 c confectioner's sugar

1/2 c cocoa powder

1 t vanilla

1/4 c cornstarch


In saucepan melt marg; stir in avocado, sugar, cocoa and vanilla. Cook 3-4 mins, mashing out any avocado lumps, till thickened. Take off heat and gradually add cornstarch. The recipe says to serve warm, but I served it cold, later, and the kids loved it!

No comments: